Serves 6 people – prepare 24 hours in advance (prep time10 mins)
1.5 kilo of chicken (any part you prefer)
⅓ – ½ Jar of Chef Bernie’s Jerk Marinade more = hotter
You will need either a pyrex dish that has a lid, if you don’t have one of these use a dish that you can cover with cling film.
Also: Chef Bernie’s Jerk Marinade, a large spoon, a sharp knife, a chopping board.
- Take out you meat and make cuts about ⅓ of the way through, turn over and do the other side. Careful not to cut right through
- Put the meat into the dish you are using
- After washing your hands open the Jerk Marinade and poor ⅓ to a ½ onto the meat, take care not to get the raw meat on the jar.
- If you don’t want to use your hands use a large spoon to mix all the meat and marinade together
- Cover and place in the fridge for 24 hours
- Cook by your chosen method, bbq, grill, bake.
- Ensure your meat is cooked through by cutting a piece open, use the thickest piece, there should be no blood, however don’t overcook or you will dry the meat out.
Share this post